The ZDHC Foundation oversees the implementation of the Roadmap to Zero Programme and is a global industry collaboration within the sports, fashion, luxury, and outdoor industry. The ZDHC vision is widespread implementation of sustainable chemistry, driving innovations and best practices in the textile, apparel, leather, and footwear industries to protect consumers, workers and the environment. Through collaborative engagement, standard-setting and large-scale implementation ZDHC advances the industry towards zero discharge of hazardous chemicals. ZDHC takes a holistic approach to sustainable chemical management and enables tangible progress in the wider industry through the delivery of guidelines, platforms and solutions including capacity building and innovation projects.
The Implementation Associate will contribute to the global roll-out, implementation and evolution of key projects and programmes with a focus across the value chain on the implementation of ZDHC guidelines, platforms and solutions. The successful candidate will be involved in managing the expansion and maintenance of a worldwide approved solution provider and expert network on the ZDHC Solution Provider Platform and support the service development and project management. Depending on the candidate’s knowledge and skill set, the candidate may take over responsibility in further developing and rolling-out respective services and tools.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and further develop the ZDHC Solution Provider Platform, including
- Support in managing the ZDHC Solution Provider application and approval process:
- coordinating approval processes, contractual cycles, and general administration.
- Work closely in supporting Solution Providers e.g., ZDHC Approved MRSL Certifiers, Wastewater Laboratories and Training Providers in their application process.
- Support ZDHC in launching new solution provider roles/categories.
- Support the future development of the IT platform infrastructure and streamline its related administrative processes
- Support the further development of quality management processes around Solution Provider Management by working closely with Quality Assurance Management.
- Support reporting on KPIs related to Solution Providers and coordinate communication to internal stakeholders
- Provide support to ZDHC Academy and ZDHCevents (e.g. Trainer Masterclasses)
- Has a background in project management in the area of sustainability, ideally laboratory or certification management.
- Has good process and platform management skills - able to build and maintain efficient workflows in a team and execute the respective SOPs.
- Able to detect and confidently escalate roadblocks in early stage and motivated to contribute constructively to tackling challenges
- Able to manage multiple work activities by establishing clear objectives and targets that deliver results.
- Data handling abilities and IT affinity.
- Practical and pragmatic - exhibit a ‘can do’ attitude and solution orientated.
- Able to work with individuals from a range of different professional backgrounds – a good team player with an international spirit.
- 2 years experience working in an international project or company (including time as intern).
- Fluency in English, written and spoken (minimum CEFR Level C1 or comparable).
- Able to establish strong professional relations with Solution Providers and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of working with multinational companies and partnerships.
- Work experience within sustainability, preferably in the textile, footwear or chemical industry or in a consulting setting.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset with a proactive attitude and good business acumen
- Accurate and thorough - able to pay attention to detail while not losing the bigger picture of sight.
- Ability to speak other language(s) is a plus.
ZDHC Specific Attributes
- Able to manage multiple work activities and deliver results in a timely and efficient manner.
- Able to establish strong positive relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Goal orientated, results-driven whilst also being a confident communicator.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Team player – able to operate in a fast-paced environment, with individuals from different backgrounds - a good team player with an international background.
- Able to initiate work activities that may not specifically be identified in this job description.
- Flexible with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Proactive - easily takes responsibility for results and work activities that may not be described in the job description
- Practical and pragmatic - exhibit a ‘can do’ attitude that is solution orientated.
- Able to work with individuals from a range of different cultural backgrounds – a good team player with an international background.
- Strong analytical ability to interpret information and translate it into solutions and/or improvements.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join a small team, be part of a growing, diverse and agile team at an exciting time and make a genuine impact on the global textile and footwear sector through Roadmap to Zero implementation.
Our preference is for a candidate living and working in the Netherlands. Candidates from other countries will only be considered if they have the right to live and work in the EU. Please specify your current work permit situation in your covering letter and note that this hiring process is not supported by a relocation package to move to the Netherlands.